Crist’s Debate Performance Distinguished Him as the Unity Candidate Who Will Always Have Floridians’ Back
Tonight, Charlie Crist dominated the debate stage in a game-changing debate that clearly distinguished him as the unity candidate Floridians need and deserve to defeat DeSantis’s divisive politics and usher in a Florida that truly works for the people.
While Ron DeSantis lobbed attack after baseless attack, Charlie remained laser-focused on the true fight of this election: protecting a woman’s right to choose and making Florida affordable again.
Highlights of the debate include:
- “I want to make sure we don’t have governor who wants to take away a woman’s right to choose even in cases of rape or incest. That’s callous, it’s barbaric, and you know that’s wrong.”
- “We have a housing crisis in Florida. Good luck buying a home, good luck renting an apartment. And this is because of Ron DeSantis.”
- “I want to make Florida more affordable again. When I was governor, I lowered your property insurance. When I was governor, I lowered your property taxes. When I was governor, I made sure we had an affordable economy even in a recession. He’s raised all these things. He’s also raised your taxes.”
- “Let me remind the viewers, he wouldn’t even answer you if he would stay four years if you re-elect him as your governor. You’re running for governor, you’re asking them to vote for you for governor — you ought to be able to tell them if you get re-elected you will serve as governor, Ron.
- “I love Florida. I love her with all my heart, I want to unite her, I want to bring this state back together and not have a divider as governor. I want woman to have the right to choose and make decisions about their body, especially in cases of rape or incest.”