Tampa Bay Times: “This election presents a clear choice between a decent man and a bully.”
TAMPA — The Tampa Bay Times has announced their endorsement of Charlie Crist for governor of Florida.
The Times endorsement follows Crist also earning the endorsement of the Miami Herald and the Palm Beach Post as well as Crist’s dominating debate performance where he held Ron DeSantis accountable for refusing to commit to serve a full four year term if re-elected as well as failing to keep Florida affordable and safe under his watch.
“I’m incredibly grateful to earn the support of my hometown paper, the Tampa Bay Times, as we work to defeat Ron DeSantis’s divisive games and bring decency back to the Sunshine State,” said Charlie Crist. “Floridians are good people and deserve a governor who will unite them, not divide for his own political ambitions — I’ll be that governor.”
Standout Excerpts from the Tampa Bay Times’s Recommendation Include:
- “At heart, [Crist] is a uniter. DeSantis is not. He divides to conquer.”
- “The governor should represent all Floridians, including those who disagree with him or didn’t vote for him. Charlie Crist would do that. Gov. Ron DeSantis does not — and would not.”
- “DeSantis seems to revel in belittling anyone who doesn’t agree with him. He makes them feel small, while he flexes power.”
- “Crist is a decent man who always asks, “What do you think?” or “What would you do?” That’s not DeSantis’ style. Crist will compromise, which is essential to the long-term health of Florida.”
- “This election presents a clear choice between a decent man and a bully.”
- “The Tampa Bay Times recommends voting for Charlie Crist, a man of decency, for governor.”